*New* 1-7 PQE Banking & Finance Role (Edinburgh or Glasgow)
Purpose of role
To carry out a broad range of finance work as part of an ambitious, motivated team. Acting for lenders and borrowers, you will be responsible for all aspects of lending transactions. We act for a wide range of funders including banks, insurers and debt funds. We also act for some of the largest and most successful corporates in Scotland. In addition, you will have a fantastic opportunity to be involved in marketing and business development initiatives. To support you in this role, you will have the benefit of our award winning learning and development programmes.
We are looking for candidates to have between one and seven years post qualifying experience in general banking to work on a wide variety of transactions. We are happy to consider Scots law and/or English law candidates.
Required experience, skills and attributes
· Between one and seven years’ post qualifying experience in general banking work on a wide variety of transactions (we are happy to consider Scots law and/or English law candidates)
· Broad knowledge of corporate banking law gained within private practice
· Enthusiastic about keeping up with the latest trends and decisions in finance law
· Proven ability to communicate well at all levels
· Proven ability to organise and prioritise effectively
· Proven ability to work as part of a team whilst also using initiative
· Able to demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
· Proven ability to build effective client relationships
· Proven ability to solve problems and deal with client matters
· Strong aspirations to succeed
· Evidence to support keen interest in business development
· Teamwork - Maintains productive and harmonious relationships within own team and across the firm to achieve objectives. Promotes team based working and shares knowledge
· Communication - Communicates clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Adaptability to change - Is receptive to changing requirements in the job and the firm. Adapts approach to meet new priorities and able to promote new ideas and improvements
· Customer focus - Proactive in identifying and addressing the needs of clients and internal customers to ensure the delivery of valuable and efficient services
· Problem Solving - Analyses problems and information, evaluates options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate solutions. Bases decisions on sound judgement and initiative
· Achievement - Displays a high degree of commitment and purpose in pursuing objectives. Prioritises plans and organises workload. Focused and energetic in ensuring tasks are carried through to successful completion
· Personal Effectiveness - Projects confidence, self-motivation and enthusiasm. Displays a positive attitude and demonstrates self-control when under pressure
We are one of the world's largest law firms, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. We are a leader on the Global Elite Brand Index, a Client Service Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for our innovations in client service.
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved.