M&A and Corporate Finance Associate
M&A and Corporate Finance – Associate
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive Associate to join a top corporate practice in the city and work on a range of high profile multi-jurisdictional deals in a small yet growing team. You will have a real opportunity to make your mark within our M&A and Corporate Finance team and the wider Firm as a whole.
We invest strongly in the training available to our associates. Our M&A and Corporate Finance lawyers are seen as commercial, innovative and the role will enable you to have significant client contact. Your career is important to us and the success of our firm is driven by ensuring that every employee maximises their potential. Lawyers, PAs and business services experts - everyone here has access to tailored learning to suit their skills and ambitions.
Making sure our people feel valued is part of our everyday culture, ensuring that they are rewarded is part of our everyday work too. From 25 days holiday per year to private medical insurance, pensions, charity schemes and a whole host of other flexible benefits, you can rest assured that we've got your best interests covered.
Join us and you'll discover an environment unlike any other law firm with an open door policy that helps to deliver real results.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working in conjunction with a partner on public and private M&A transactions (including many with cross-border elements) and equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs and secondary fundraisings
• Liaising with other departments in the firm on transactions and obtaining advice from overseas counsel on cross-border transactions
• Drafting and negotiating documents to help clients achieve their business goals
• Managing matters and reviewing work of more junior team members
• Managing and developing existing client relationships with the relevant client relationship partner and actively get involved in the Firm’s marketing business development work
• Assisting with the development of templates and other know-how and presenting at internal and external events to contribute to the Firm’s knowledge
• You will build your legal knowledge by attending know-how meetings, conducting research and reading journals and legal updates
• Members of the M&A and Corporate Finance department and the wider Firm.
• 4-6 PQE
• Relevant M&A and Corporate Finance experience gained from a city, international or regional practice
• You will have excellent commercial and analytical skills and the ability to apply them to create innovative and commercial solutions
• You will have the highest standards of integrity and ethics
Client Relationships & Business Development
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to foster strong client relationships
• You will write articles and briefings for internal and external publications
• Contribute to pitches and proposals
• Solid understanding of the drivers of profitability
• Ability to prepare fee estimates and manage projects to plan
• Ability to identify and implement ideas that will improve productivity
• You will have excellent organisational and prioritising skills with the ability to manage multiple work demands allowing you to dedicate adequate time to fee earning and non-fee earning activities
• Driven, with stamina and resilience in the face of demanding situations
• Proactive and positive with a strong team focus, and a collaborative approach
• Able to establish strong working relationships with your colleagues with the highest level of professionalism and integrity
• Effectively delegate and supervise work
• Have an inclusive approach, and help to foster a diverse and inclusive team and workplace