Please note that this is an active role. The job spec contains a general description of the position and the work involved however we have to keep the name of the firm confidential at this stage. If the position sounds interesting then please do get in touch and we will provide the name and any other details you would like.
Associate / Senior Associate - Commercial Litigation (Insolvency)
Practice Area / Department
Dispute Resolution & Litigation (Insolvency)
This firm is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Who we are
We are a global law firm that continues to grow in size, reputation and expertise. As a result we are looking to recruit an Associate to join our Dispute Resolution & Litigation team. The role will provide exposure to an incredibly varied range of dispute resolution work of real importance, to include litigation,
arbitration and ADR.
We encourage our lawyers to think beyond the law and into the commercial by acquiring excellent technical expertise, client management and profile raising skills. If you can bring your ideas, experiences and expertise, we can give you an opportunity to succeed.
We know that the best solutions are found when you're collaborating which is why you will be well supported at partner level and by other fee-earners not just in your immediate team but throughout the whole department.
What you'll be doing
The role will focus on providing a first class service to clients and exceptional client management. The successful candidate will have a clear track forward and will be well supported at partner level and by other fee-earners and will be joining a highly collaborative and collegiate culture.
· Advising in relation to and representing clients in commercial litigation matters, whether through litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution. The work types shall include, but not be limited to contractual and commercial disputes, public law disputes (judicial review and procurement litigation) professional negligence, injunctions, reputation management work and contentious insolvency matters. Our work often has an international focus.
· Advising Insolvency Practitioner clients on matters arising from Administrations, Liquidations and Bankruptcy matters and pursuing statutory investigations and claims on their behalf.
· Supporting directors, bankrupts, creditors and third parties otherwise affected by insolvency proceedings
· Expanding our provision of commercial litigation services.
· Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and market intermediaries.
· Leading and proactive participation in individual, team and office based business development initiatives.
· Participation in firm-wide and departmental meetings, training sessions and social events, ensuring the commercial litigation team is fully integrated with the firm's wider commercial litigation teams in London and elsewhere.
· Delegating client work effectively to junior fee-earners as appropriate.
· Contributing effectively to department and firm wide performance goals.
· Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures
What you'll need
The firm has a Career Development Framework which sets out the competencies we expect of those at the Associate / Senior Associate grades. In particular for this role we require:
· Excellent technical skills and innovative approach to their application
· Proven ability to take on responsibility, manage and progress matters independently where appropriate
· Strong client focus and service delivery
· Drive and enthusiasm
· Commercial awareness
· Aptitude for business development
· Substantial client management experience
· Solid academic record
· Qualified solicitor with relevant PQE in advising on a broad range of commercial litigation matters
· Ability to manage files independently
· Methodical, disciplined and organised approach
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusion. All applications will be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role and will be treated equally irrespective of Ethnicity, Gender (including Trans and non-binary) Race, Disability, Religion and sexual